With the second month of 2017 rolling in, we are planning to roll out huge changes within the next few days to weeks, which we hope changes the course of the website. Before I reveal anything (as it’s still being finalized), I will announce for now that we are doing away with straight line contests.
The harsh reality is that these contests don’t do us any good in the long run. They tend to bring out a number of lower quality submissions and comments, and the moment the cash runs out, the user base also goes into hiding, which means that we really don’t have any loyal users to speak about.
The contest this month is as follows.
Submit your best stories and every day, sonic and I will pick the best entry and pin it for 24 hours. I will check a score sheet of each story pinned, and who won the pin each day. The person with the most number of pins, wins. Note that this isn’t a race to submit the most stories as we are looking at quality. Also, remember that we are focusing on breaking content and not so much “5 IT innovations for your business”.
This one is similar to above, but it’s a bit trickier. Post your best comments each day, and sonic and I will choose two noteworthy comments per day, to lead to an eventual tally at the end of the month. The trick here is that we won’t be posting a score sheet during the month, so it’s entirely up to you whether you want to post or not. Ideally you should be consistent if you want to up your chances. Your comments don’t have to be essays or novels, but they should offer some value. Even if they are negative, once they structured in a constructive way, you’re all set. The more comments, the better of course, but low quality comments like “This is awesome!” or “the PS4 sux” won’t get your any points.
We won't be critical about some infractions like before, as they tie in to some upcoming changes in the future. Also, the interactivity and feedback from this contest will then gauge how future contests operate where users can then vote in on the submissions and comments.
Some Terms and Conditions:
1. Competition is open to all TechSpy users, except for employees of HAVAmedia and immediate relatives. Contests are not limited to the US/NA.
2. Closing date is 11:59 PM EST February 28th, 2017.
3. In the event of unforeseen circumstances TechSpy/HAVAmedia reserves the right to substitute the prizes for alternatives of equal or greater value.
4. Prizes are not transferable.
5. The winners of the competition will be notified by PM from Speed-Racer on or before March 7th, 2017.
6. Failure to reply to ticket/PM notification within seven (7) days results in forfeiture of prize.