Telegraph - Google Chrome briefly became the world's most popular web browser at the weekend, overtaking Microsoft Internet Explorer for the first time, according to independent figures.
i dnt see why it didnt overtake microsoft long time ago, its alot better in many way. IMO
Most corporate offices don't allow you you tamper with the equipment and people are forced to make do with Internet Explorer as they cannot download and install stuff. I am pretty sure 80% of the market who use IE are people who as such have no choice of selecting another browser. The rest 20%... Well they are ignorant (usually old people who care less about the internet) or MS employees.
Do they really force their people to use IE at their offices?
^^^ Yup. They don't force per say, they just don't allow you to install 3rd party software on their system. Hence you are basically stuck with using only IE. In my previous job, the people valued security very high and went as far as disabling the USB ports and updates to their system. They felt Firefox and Chrome with all the 'extensions' could be vulnerable to attack. Forget about corporate, even schools and colleges don't allow students to install anything on the PCs (at least the ones I know). Just think about how many PCs are there in schools and colleges... Now you get where that huge IE % comes from... It's basically people stuck with it and having no alternatives. If a day comes when MS doesn't ship Windows with a browser or ships with say Chrome or Firefox alongside IE, then I am pretty sure that % will smash to single digits in a matter of months.
I second this, every office job I've ever had only offered IE as the web browser.
In the office I work everyone has to work with IE, since the apps we use are setup to work with.
My beef with Chrome is that it's still very unsafe, but the speed is lightning quick.
How is it unsafe? Chrome is the most secure browser there is. It's safer than internet explorer and far safer than firefox.
Chrome is probably the safest browser right now. lol Google even offers money to anybody that can crack it and depending on the severity of the exploitation you could get thousands of dollars!
My beef with Chrome is that it's still very unsafe, but browsing is lightning quick.
Yea I love Chrome, but I have to admit the new Explorer is very nice.
Anything other than the viral floodgate that is IE. If I could, I would delete IE in a heartbeat. I personally go with Firefox. It's not the fastest, but it's worth it for the interface and features.
Same here, Firefox is a good alternative although Opera is probably my favourite as i've never had any issues with it.
People are seriously hating on IE for no reason now.. Yeah it used to be pretty damn slow and bloated, by IE9 is actually decent.. Fast and good looking
http://peacekeeper.futurema... Test your browser speed there. :) I as a web developer go always for fastest browser, and Chrome tends to win in that department.
Firefox, Chrome, Opera With so many good choices one has to wonder why some people use IE
I stick with FF all the time (+ extensions), chrome gives me nothing but problems, IE is the worst, Safari and Opera caused me nothing but problems too. FF may not be the fastest, but IMO its the most reliable
I agree in many cases. I like using Chrome a lot, but I sometimes prefer Firefox for certain sites. Plus I find Adblock and Adblock + works MUCH better on Firefox than on Chrome, since I find it doesn't always work on Chrome version...
I agree adblock on chrome just doesn't work the same, plus its more fiddly to block stuff than on FF God damn, I lost 2 Bubbles for saying that, jeez some of you are pathetic
@Dark_Overlord Some people just love to do that. I found several things about Chrome that keeps me from ridding Firefox. I like Chrome and use it most of the time, but I find at times Chrome has issues for me, like certain websites and features. Then I use Firefox. So A Bubble for you...
And finally people got smarter.
TechSpy is a community of awesome people posting and discussing the latest tech news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.